It's game one of the World Series!!
Texas and St. Louis!
Darren Oliver and Arthur Rhodes%&
Anyway, during the opening game of the Fall Classic I jotted down some notes.
* St. Louis bat boy's name is Tanner.
There's only one Tanner allowed in baseball history, and it's Tanner Boyle.
* This debate actually took place in the bottom of the sixth inning: should Texas intentionally walk Nick Punto?
Speaking of Punto, here is a list of loud, rhetorical questions I asked my cat, Morris
during the game:
- NICK PUNTO?!
- 7TH INNING, TYING AND GO-AHEAD RUNS ON FOR TEXAS, PINCH HITTING IS.....ESTEBAN GERMAN?! JESUS!
- THAT WAS GERMAN'S FIRST AT BAT SINCE SEPTEMBER 25?!
- WHO THE HELL IS JOHN JAY?!
* Joe Buck came close to telling an actual joke in the sixth inning. It was something about a Rangers' reliever turning on a heater with his legs.
If I had to grade the joke in Cansecos I'd give it an Ozzie.
* There's Allen Craig with the go-ahead single, which finally answers the trivia question what's Allen Craig up to these days?
* Here's a segment inspired by FOX's Tim McCarver I like to call Thanks, Tim.
1. Texas down 3-2 in the top of the seventh, reliever Alexei Ogando on deck:
"He won't bat."
2. Bottom of the eighth:
"Wicked slider from Mike Adams."
(Scott Feldman was pitching and had been since the seventh. Mike Adams had yet to get into the game).
3. After Texas catcher Mike Napoli points away while giving a sign:
"Yup, something away."